8th Asian Games Invitational Tournament 2018 was a test event for 2018 Asian Games scheduled from 11 Feb – 15 Feb 2018.
24 Indians athletes took part in Asian Games Test Event in 16 Athletics Event & won 22 medals including 14 Gold.
Result of Indian Athletics team at Asian Games Invitational Tournament –
|Neena V||Long Jump Women||6.42||Silver Medal|
|Nayana James||Long Jump Women||6.16||Bronze Medal|
|Nithya Shree Ananda||400m women||54.34||Silver Medal|
|Elakkiya Dasan||100m men||10.31 – Q||10.38||Bronze Medal|
|SIDDARAJANAYAKA Vidyasagar||100m men||DQ|
|Devinder Singh Kang||Javelin Throw||75.87||Gold Medal|
|Sachin Silwal||Javelin Throw||68.12||Bronze Medal|
|Baby Jithu||400m Men||46.88||Silver Medal|
|PUTHANPURAKKAL Kunhu Muhammed||400m Men||46.98||4th|
|Sreeshankar||Long Jump||12 Feb||7.74m||4th|
|Samsheer Sullia Ebrahim||Long Jump||12 Feb||7.07m||10th|
|Ajay Kumar Saroj||Men’s 1500m||12 Feb||3.43.85||Gold Medal|
|P.U Chitra||Women’s 1500 m||12 Feb||4.18.74||Gold Medal|
|Santhosh Kumat||Men’s 400m Hurdles||12 Feb||50.38||Silver Medal|
|MADARI PALLIYALIL Jabir||Men’s 400m Hurdles||12 Feb||50.23||Gold Medal|
|Sarita Gaykwad||Women’s 400m Hurdles||12 Feb||59.09||Gold Medal|
|Sonia Baishya||400m women||53.53||Gold Medal|
|V.N Sheena||Women’s Triple Jump||13 Feb||13.33||Gold Medal|
|Hima Das||Women’s 200m||13 Feb||23.59||Gold Medal|
|GOVINDAN Lakshmanan||Men’s 5000m||13 Feb||13:56.30||Gold Medal|
|L.Suriya||Women 5000m||13 Feb||15:39.18||Gold Medal|
|Jinson JOHNSON||Men’s 800m||14 Feb||1:47.96||Gold Medal|
|KANAGARAJ Kamalraj||Men’s Triple Jump||14 Feb||15.73||Bronze Medal|
|Sarita Singh||Women’s Hammer Throw||14 Feb||61.75||Silver Medal|
|India||4*400m Relay Men||14 Feb||3:07.06||Gold Medal|
|India||4*400m Relay Women||14 Feb||3:37.76||Gold Medal|
|India||4*100m Relay Men||14 Feb||DQ|
- One of the India’s bright prospect in Javelin Throw Devinder Singh Kang looked way off color & only registered a throw of 75.87m which was way less than his potential. Despite the below par performance, he was able to grab a Gold for India but with the important events coming up like Commonwealth Games 2018 & Asian Games 2018, he needs to take his game to the next level.
- Sachin Silwal, another Javelin Thrower clinched bronze for India with a 68m mark.
- Elakkiya Dasan register Good Timing of 10.31 in Heat and 10.38 in Final which was just Short of Indian National Record of 10.26 (Amiya Kumar Mallick). Elakkiya Dasan is 23 Year old and has potential of breaking National Record
- SIDDARAJANAYAKA Vidyasagar got Disqualified from 100m heat due to False Start.
- Indian Men 100m relay team got Disqualified from Final too,
- Men’s Long Jump and Men’s 100m Relay team were the only events in which India didn’t won a Medal..
- In men’s 400m hurdles category, India won both Gold & Silver medal after Jabir Palliyalil Madari took the first position with the timing of 50.23s, followed by Santhosh Kumat who completed the race within 50.38s.
- P.U. Chitra continued her domination in women’s 1500m race as she took the Gold easily with the remarkable timings of 4.18.74s.
Though the Asian Games Invitational Tournament 2018 didn’t had a tough competition as many star athletes didn’t appeared for the competition but it proved to be a good exposure for the Indian athletes as they get ready for the big events lined up (Commonwealth Games, Gold Coast, Australia & Asian Games, Indonesia).