Manchester City will play host to Liverpool FC in this match at Etihad on Saturday, September 9. The kick-off is scheduled for 12:30 BST/07:30 ET.
The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Premier League. Both sides sit in the top four after collecting seven points from their opening three games. Both sides have started the season with two wins and a draw. They are both Premier League title hopefuls.
Manchester City are still seeking a first home win after being held to a 1-1 draw by Everton. Liverpool have won both their home games, including a 4-0 impressive win of Arsenal. A win for either side in this match would send the victors to the top.
- Manchester City have lost only one of their last eight home Premier League meetings against Liverpool (W4 D3), a 1-4 defeat in November 2015 which remains the last time City lost by three goals in a home Premier League game.
- Liverpool have won three of their four Premier League games against Man City since Jurgen Klopp took charge, drawing the other in March last season.
- Under Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool have lost just one of their 22 Premier League matches against a team that finished in the top seven of the competition last season (W12 D9 L1).
- In this period, Liverpool are unbeaten away from home against last season’s top seven sides in the Premier League (P9 W5 D4 L0).
- Pep Guardiola has won 25 matches and 85 points from his 41 Premier League games in charge of Manchester City. In his first 41 games in charge of City, Manuel Pellegrini won 29 games and 92 points.
- Manchester City have lost just one of their last 23 Premier League matches at home (W13 D9 L1), but they have only kept a clean sheet in six of these games.
- Sadio Mané has scored seven goals in his last nine Premier League games, including a goal in each of his last four appearances in the competition.
- Only three players have scored in 5+ successive Premier League apps for Liverpool: Michael Owen (3 times), Dirk Kuyt and Daniel Sturridge.
- Philippe Coutinho has scored in four of his six Premier League matches against Manchester City – in fact, the Brazilian has netted more league goals against City than any other opponent (4).
- Gabriel Jesus has been directly involved in 12 goals in his 11 Premier League starts for Man City (eight goals, four assists).
- Sergio Aguero has scored in all five of his Premier League appearances against Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium, netting once in each game.
- Aguero’s five consecutive home scoring games against Liverpool is bettered only by three players against an opponent in the Premier League – Alan Shearer against Everton, Thierry Henry against Aston Villa and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink against West Ham – who all scored in six consecutive home games.
- Since leaving Manchester City to join Liverpool, James Milner has been involved in three goals in four Premier League games against his former club (two goals, one assist).
Manchester City Predicted Line-up :
GK-Ederson, Kyle Walker, Nicolas Otamendi, John Stones, Benjamin Mendy, Fernandino, Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Sergio Aguero