The All England Open Badminton Championships is the world’s oldest badminton tournament, held annually in England. With the introduction of the BWF’s latest grading system, it was given Superseries status in 2007, upgraded to Superseries Premier status in 2011. 2018 All England will be played from 14 March 2018 to 18 March. India will be represented by 8 Men and 6 Women.
- 3rd Seeded Srikanth Kidambi will face Brice Leverdez of France in opening Round. Other Indian H. S. Prannoy will meet 8th seeded Chou Tien Chen of Chinese Taipei in Round of 32. Both Srikant Kidambi and Prannoy are in same half of draw and both can meat in Quarterfinal. Third Indian Sai Praneeth will face 5th seeded Son Wan Ho of Korea
- In Women Single 4th seeded P.V Sindhu and Saina Nehwal will represent India. P.V Sindhu will face Pornpawee Chochuwong of Thailand in the opening round. Sindhu has beaten Pornpawee in the last meeting comfortably at Indonesia Open. Sindhu has Marin and Akane in her half. If all go good Sindhu will meat one of them In Semifinal. On the other side, Saina Nehwal has a tough challenge in the opening round as she faces top-seeded TAI Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in Round of 32.
- Sikki Reddy / Ashwini Ponnappa and Poorvisha Ram / Jakkampudi Meghana will represent Indian Challenge in Women Double. and both have tough Challange ahead as they face higher rank Japnese. Sikki Reddy / Ashwini Ponnappa will be up against second-seeded Ayaka Takahashi / Misaki Matsutomo of Japan. Indian are behind by 0-4. Poorvisha Ram / Jakkampudi Meghana will be up against Japnese 5th seeded Koharu Yonemoto / Shiho Tanaka.
- Manu Attri / Sumeeth Reddy will face Marcus Ellis / Chris Langridge(ENG) in the opening round, Manu / Sumeet have a good record against Englishman as they lead by 3-0 in Head to Head comparison. Other Indian pairs Satwiksairaj Rankireddy / Chirag Shetty will face Takuro HOKI / Yugo KOBAYASHI in the opening round. This will be their first meeting.Japnese are rank 16 while Indian 23. If India will move ahead of Japnese they can next face 2nd seeded Denmark.
- Indian Top Rank Mix Double Pair Sikki Reddy and Pranav Chopra will be only Indian Hope in Mix Double. But they also have tough draw as they can face 2nd seeded Chinese Pair of Huang Dongping / Wang Yilyu in the second round. But before that, they have face Emil SEIDEL / Linda EFLER of Germany on 14th of March. This will be their First meeting.
Tournament Detail –
Sportstalk24 makes sure the users gets the best information about Live Cricket Score, Live football score, Sports Schedule and their favourite Sports Blog Posts.