Indian mixed team of Abhishek Verma & Jyothi Vennam will take on U.S.A in the Bronze-medal play off after loosing to South Korea in the semi-finals by 152-158 at Archery World Cup Stage-1, Shanghai.
However, it was disappointment for India in Recurve mixed team section as the experience pair of Deepika kumari & Atanu Das went down fighting against Russia by 3-5 in a closely fought contest.
2nd seed Indian pair lost the first set by 37-38, followed by 2nd set by 37-39. A lot of 8 & 9 from Deepika & Atanu proved vital for India as Russia took a lead of 4-0. Indian pair get back in the 3rd set, thanks to “7” from Russian duo & took the set by 37-34 to narrow the trail by 2-4.
Last set was crucial for India as to be in the competition a win was vital. But the bad score of 36 in the last set cost India a place in semis as Russia took the match with 5-3 to march into semis .
Men’s Recurve –
- Atanu Das had a good day in qualifications as he finished 6th with a score of 677. He got a BYE in first round .
- Dhaniram finished 31st in qualifications & will face Miguel of Russia in First Round.
- Vishwas finished 45th & will face Onur Tezel of Turkey.
- Indirachand was 46th & will take on Conner of Canada.
6th seed Indian Men’s Recurve Team will take on 11th seed Canada in first round of Recurve Team matches.
Women’s Recurve –
- Deepika kumari had a average day but still she bagged 5th position in qualifications & got the first round BYE.
- Preeti finished 28th & will face Alexandra of Russia.
- Monika was 39th .
- Ankita Bhagat finished 46th & will meet Sukanya of Indonesia.
Indian Women’s Recurve Team got a 6th seeding & will face the challenge of 11th seed U.S.A in Recurve team matches.
Men’s Compound –
- Abhishek Sharma did a creditable job to get BYE in first round & finished 4th in quaifications.
- Chinna Raju who finished 17th also got a BYE in first round.
- Amanjeet Singh finshed at 25th position.
- Gurwinder Singh was 40th and will take on Lau Chi of Chinese Taipei.
4th seed India’s Men Compound Team will take on 13th seed Vietnam in the first round of Compound Team matches.
Women’s Compound –
- Jyothi lead the women’s challenge after finishing 10th overall & got first Round BYE.
- Divya Dhayal just got out of Top 10, she finished on 12th position to take herself directly into second round.
- Snehal Madhare finished at 38th position.
- Parveena ended her qualifications at 49th position.
India’s Women Compound Team was seeded 6th & will now take on 11th seed Indonesia in the first round of Compound Team matches .
Individual & Team matches of respective disciplines will get underway from tomorrow while the medal matches of Archery World Cup will be held on Saturday & Sunday.